That title looks like a creepy Craiglists ad, am I right?
Anyways… I’ve been in a reading rut the past week or so, and I think it’s because I’m struggling to stay motivated to keep up my reading. One of the best ways to combat this that I can think of is a buddy read. It’s just like having a gym partner! Someone’s there to keep you going when you’re feeling a little less interested.
So, I have a ton of books on my docket right now (that I’ll be listing in a second). Some are store bought, post-publication novels, and some are advanced reading copies from NetGalley. I’m open to starting in on any one of them. So, if you have any of these books on your to-read list and you’d be willing to do a buddy read, I’d seriously appreciate having you!!!
(I am open to doing some kind of collaboration on posts if that is something you are interested in, but it’s 100% not required. I just want a buddy to help me out of this slump!!)
I can start (right this moment) any of the following:
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee (I also have the second book in this series, The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy, so I am open to doing both)
- The Darkest Corners by Kara Thomas
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
- Room by Emma Donoghue
- Lost Lake by Emily Littlejohn
- Till It Stops Beating by Hannah R. Goodman
- The Escape Room by Megan Goldin
- And Then You Were Gone by R.J. Jacobs
- Brief Chronicle of Another Stupid Heartbreak by Adi Alsaid
If anyone is interested in doing a buddy read with any of these titles, please let me know! 🙂